ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS (AA)
- Alcoholics Anonymous® is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.
- For more information on AA and to find meetings in this area, Dane County, contact the Madison Area Intergroup Central Office (MAICO) at 608-222-8989 or go to the MAICO website.
- For AA meetings in Madison and vicinity, call the MAICO office or use their meeting search tool here. Set the filter for your geography (including surrounding counties).
NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS (NA)
- NA is a nonprofit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. NA members are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean.
- Contact Badgerland NA (Madison and vicinity) at their toll free Help Line 888-431-7526; or to see a list of meetings in this area, go to their website at http://badgerlandna.org/
- For a guide to and directory of NA in Wisconsin, go to their website at http://www.usrecovery.info/NA/Wisconsin.htm
- Wednesdays from 7:00pm - 8:30pm @ Connections Counseling
- More information: Mary Ellen Bates, Group Secretary at (608) 255-6380 or email@example.com
SMART RECOVERY http://smartrecoverymadisonwi.org
- A science-based addiction recovery support group — where participants learn self-empowering techniques to aid their recovery through face-to-face and online, mutual-help meetings and other services.