June 10, 2011
The Dane County Small Business Awards (DCSBA) is now in its 29th year. The DCSBA celebrate small businesses and the contributions they make to our communities and economy. The 2011 awards breakfast was held June 10, 2011 at the Sheraton Madison Hotel.
Connections Counseling was one of 10 Companies Recognized in 2011
Each year in early June, we recognize ten Dane County businesses that have excelled at meeting our award criteria. The award is given to the business, including all of the employees, not just the owners. We recognize the owner(s) have the vision and take the risk, but is the teamwork of all the employees that makes a successful company.
Award winning companies are honored at a breakfast program attended by an average of more than 250 people. In addition to recognizing the companies for their achievements, the awards breakfast has a keynote speaker, panel discussion or other informative and entertaining program. During the awards presentation each winner will share a life or business success tip with the audience. Each winning company receives an award that they will proud to display for their employees and customers.
Sponsors of the Dane County Small Business Awards include:
Chase, Madison Gas & Electric Co., InBusiness Magazine, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, University of Wisconsin Small Business Development Center, and Wisconsin Business Development Finance Corporation.
Each year we recognize 10 Dane County businesses with less than $10 million in annual revenue that:
- Are viable for-profit companies and successful in their business
- Have been in business for at least three years
- Maintain a responsible and rewarding workplace environment
- Give back to our community through volunteerism, contributions or in-kind services
- Emerging business award given to a company that is 1-3 years old.
We strive to recognize a mix of excellent small businesses that:
- Represent communities from around Dane County
- Includes minority-owned and women-owned firms